Area Support Teams
The ASTs are Aberdeen City, Aberdeenshire, Argyll & Bute, Ayrshire, Central & West Lothian, Dumfries & Galloway, East Dunbartonshire, East Renfrewshire, Edinburgh, Eilean Siar, Fife, Glasgow, Highland & Moray, Inverclyde, North Lanarkshire, Orkney, Renfrewshire, South East Scotland, South Lanarkshire, Shetland, Tayside and West Dunbartonshire.
The AST is responsible for:
- selecting Panel Members to sit on Hearings in its area
- undertaking recruitment and selection processes locally
- organising local learning and development for Panel Members
- working with local partners in relation to the day to day operation of the Hearings system in that area providing general support to Panel Members
- observing the practice of Panel Members in Children’s Hearings handling any complaints made about Panel Members
You can read more about the work of ASTs and the different volunteer roles in an AST in Area Support Teams: Functions, Roles and Responsibilities.